International Engineering Science Consortium
The International Engineering Science Consortium was established in 2013 by five Engineering Science institutions: Applied Science and Technology Graduate Group, College of Engineering, University of California, Berkeley (USA); Division of Engineering Science, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, University of Toronto (Canada); Engineering Science Programme, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore (Singapore); Graduate School of Engineering Science/School of Engineering Science, Osaka University (Japan); and School of Engineering Sciences, Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden).
- An interdisciplinary field bridging the gap between scientific theory and engineering applications with emphasis on the integration of mathematical, scientific, engineering and arts principles.
- providing opportunities for discussions regarding the global mission of Engineering Science
- establishing joint educational programs on Engineering Science by the participating institutions
- enhancing joint academic research projects on Engineering Science between the participating institutions
- promoting Engineering Science networking and partnerships among scholars and academic communities
- establishing a website to promote greater public awareness of the activities of the Consortium
- Student workshops for global studies/research
- Exchange of information and materials in fields of shared interests
- Exchange of researchers as well as undergraduate and graduate students